18 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065
Jonathan Boos specializes in American paintings, drawings and sculpture of the 20th century with a particular focus on museum-quality works from the Ashcan School, Modernism (including the Stieglitz Group), Realism and the Post-war period.
Jonathan has deep roots in the art business, having spent his initial years working with his father, the well-respected auctioneer Frank Boos of the Frank H. Boos Gallery and Antiques Road Show fame. For the past 22 years, Jonathan has been the curator and advisor to the Manoogian Collection, one of the most important collections of American art formed in the past 50 years.
In his role as an art advisor and gallery owner, Jonathan has had the unparalleled opportunity to successfully find, buy and sell countless great works of art by some of the most important artists of the 19th and 20th centuries, including works by Thomas Cole, Frederic Church, Albert Bierstadt, Sanford Gifford, Martin Johnson Heade, Winslow Homer, Childe Hassam, William Merritt Chase, Mary Cassatt, John Singer Sargent, George Bellows, Marsden Hartley, Georgia O’Keeffe, Stuart Davis, Edward Hopper, Alexander Calder, Jacob Lawrence, Andrew Wyeth, Joan Mitchell, Hans Hofmann, Milton Avery, Helen Frankenthaler, Kenneth Noland, Harry Bertoia and Ruth Asawa.
The unique strengths of Jonathan’s gallery are underlined by his dual experience in the auction and gallery worlds. Using his depth of knowledge of the field and its participants, Jonathan is committed to finding great works of art for both seasoned and new collectors. He has built a solid reputation for discreet and transparent transactions, affording each client with integrity as great collections are built.
- Jonathan Boos Selected for Membership into the Art Dealers Association of America
- Marsden Hartley Painting at Jonathan Boos Featured in NY Times Review of 2016 Armory Show – Modern
- Henry Koerner Masterpiece at Jonathan Boos Featured in NY Times Review of 2016 Winter Antiques Show
- Emerson Burkhart Painting at Jonathan Boos Highlighted in NY Times Article on 61st Winter Antiques Show
- Jonathan Boos Places Major Charles White Painting into the Collection of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art